- Passenger numbers: 2.1 million, -10.8% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 76.4%, -0.4 ppt;
- UK/Europe: 66.2%, -0.1 ppt;
- Trans-Atlantic: 77.6%, -2.1 ppts;
- Asia Pacific: 82.7%, -0.5 ppt;
- Africa and Middle East: 77.5%, +1.6 ppts;
- Cargo traffic (FTKs): -10.2%. [more]
British Airways: “Traffic was affected by the weather conditions in the UK, Europe and North America, causing airport closures and reduced operating capacities, equivalent to a reduction in capacity versus December 2009 of around 12%. An initial assessment indicates that the weather disruption will have a financial impact in Quarter 3 of some GBP50 million, with some small additional impact in January from cancelled return journeys. Underlying market conditions remain positive,” Source: Company statement, 06-Jan-2011.