AirAsia X launches IPO prospectus in conjunction with listing on Bursa Malaysia
AirAsia X launched (10-Jun-2013) the prospectus for its Initial Public Offering (IPO) pursuant to the carrier’s listing on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad on 10-Jul-2013. The IPO exercise consists of up to 790.1 million ordinary shares of MYR0.15 (USD0.04) each in AirAsia X. This comprises an offer for sale of up to 197.5 million existing shares and a public issue of 592.5 million new shares, comprising:
- Institutional offering of up to 538 million shares comprising:
- Up to 197.5 million offer shares and 79.7 million issue shares to Malaysian institutional and selected investors, and foreign institutional and selected investors at the institutional price to be determined by way of bookbuilding;
- 260.7 million issue shares to Bumiputera institutional and selected investors approved by the Ministry of International Trade and Industry at the institutional price.
- Retail offering of 252.1 million shares - at the initial retail price of MYR1.45 (USD0.46) per issue share - comprising:
- 52.1 million issue shares for eligible persons;
- 50 million issue shares for eligible passengers;
- 150 million issue shares for the Malaysian public. [more - original PR]
AirAsia X: "The listing of AirAsia X would enable easier access to funding from the capital market and propel the Company’s expansion plans and growth strategies. We have always been at the forefront of providing an affordable avenue for price-sensitive travellers. Apart from leveraging on the strong brand of the AirAsia Group, this exercise will enable us to enhance our stature in the aviation industry and expand our market position in the Asia Pacific Region.” Tan Sri Rafidah Aziz, Independent Non-Executive Chairman of AirAsia X. Source: AirAsia X, 10-Jun-2013.