Air New Zealand Limited pax up 6%, load factor also up in Aug-2013; group yield flat
Air New Zealand Limited passenger numbers up 6% - traffic highlights for Aug-2013:
- Passenger numbers: 1.0 million, +6.3% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 83.3%, +1.7ppts;
- Short-haul: 81.6%, +1.1ppts;
- Domestic: 79.7%, +0.9ppts;
- Tasman/Pacific Islands: 82.5%, +1.3ppts;
- Long-haul: 84.9%, +2.3ppts;
- Asia/Japan/UK: 76.6%, -3.3ppts;
- North America/UK: 89.4%, +4.7ppts.
Air New Zealand: "Group-wide yields for the financial year to date were flat on the same period last year. Short-haul yields were down 1.0%, while long-haul yields were up 0.3%. Removing the impact of foreign exchange, group-wide yields were up 2.0%." Source: Company statement, 23-Sep-2013.