- Passenger numbers: 279.8 million, +7.6% year-on-year;
- Domestic: 150.1 million, +5.6%;
- International: 127.5 million, +10.1%;
- Cargo volume: 6.1 million tonnes, +25.6%;
- Domestic: 1.8 million tonnes, +14.6%;
- International: 4.0 million tonnes, +32.4%. [more]
ACI: “Although the growth trend is confirmed, we must not drop our guard. Sudden changes in our business environment due to external causes – whether health, economic factors, or natural disasters – can quickly overturn a situation. The abrupt traffic stoppage in April due to the volcanic eruption in Iceland will put a significant dent in April results and represents a setback in the catch-up process, particularly in Europe,” Director General Angela Gittens, ACI. Source: ACI, 04-May-2010.