Shares in Switzerland’s Zurich Airport dipped 1.5% on Friday upon the release of the airport operator’s financial report for the 12 months ended 31-Dec-2009. EBITDA was down 4.3% during the period to EUR279.3 million on a 4.1% reduction in revenue to EUR569.6 million.
Both aeronautical and non-aeronautical revenues declined by 3.9% and 4.1%, respectively, as the airport generated less revenue through passenger fees, and retail and duty-free. However, revenue from rentals and leasing jump 4.2% in the period.
Passenger traffic at Zurich Airport declined 0.8% year-on-year in 2009, while cargo volumes dropped 11.1%, on a 4.7% reduction in aircraft movements.
The airport is “cautiously optimistic that an economic recovery will have a positive impact on passenger demand”, while the company projects a 3-5% increase in passenger volumes in 2010, as consumer sentiment improves. On the earnings outlook, “both the EBITDA and the EBITDA margin are likely to be slightly higher than in 2009”, according to Zurich Airport. The full financial/traffic report for Zurich Airport is contained in today’s edition of Airport Business Daily.
Shares in other European airport companies were also lower on Friday, including Aeroporto Toscano (-0.4%), TAV Airports (-0.8%), GEMINA (-1.1%), Hochtief (-1.1%), Fraport (-1.2%), Ferrovial (-1.6%), Copenhagen (-1.8%), Aeroporto di Firenze (-2.3%) and Vienna (-2.9%).
For strategic news updates and all the latest financial and traffic news, sign up now to Airport Business Daily! Global operating highlights also featured today include:
- Brussels Airport reports 5% rise in Feb-2010 pax numbers;
- Shanghai Pudong Airport pax soar 29% in Feb-2010;
- Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport reports 34.9% rise in Feb-2010 pax numbers;
- Auckland Airport reports 3% rise in Feb-2010 int'l pax numbers;
- Mineta San Jose International Airport reports 5.9% drop in Feb-2010 pax numbers;
- Southwest Florida Airport reports 6.8% drop in Feb-2010 pax numbers;
- Abu Dhabi International Airport reports 17% rise in Feb-2010 pax numbers;
- NAV Canada reports 0.5% rise in Feb-2010 traffic;
- PASSUR Aerospace revenue up 11.9%, profits mixed in 1QFY2010.
Selected airports daily share price movements (% change): 19-Mar-2010