SYDNEY (Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation) - Virgin Blue Airlines announced the following measures to increase its share of the business travel market:
- Introduction of a loyalty programme;
- Installation of Live-TV across the fleet;
- Continued roll-out of check-in Kiosks at airports;
- Introduction of web-based check-in;
- Upgrade of 'Blue Rooms' (airport lounges).
The carrier is targeting higher yielding passengers and forecasts an "absence of significant" new capacity in the Australian domestic market in 2006 and "modest increases" in passenger numbers.
Patrick Corp Managing Director, Chris Corrigan, stated, "they've [Virgin Blue] done very well, indeed, far better than they expected in the last two or three months of the year...The business has already started to turn the corner".
News such as this delivered daily to your inbox from the Centre's Asia Pacific Airline Daily.
Click the icon below for more information.