US airline shares fell again on Friday, with the NYSE Arca Airline Index finishing the week 2.9% lower. The heaviest falls on Friday were from some of the largest US carriers, with American Airlines down 3.9%, Delta losing 3.4% and United Continental down 3.3%. The sole carrier to go against the trend was Southwest Airlines, with the LCC up 0.2%.
Allegiant Air reported the following traffic highlights in Feb-2011:
- Passenger numbers: 445,476, +3.0% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 89.4%, +1.2 ppts;
Air Canada reported the following traffic highlights in Feb-2011:
- Revenue passenger miles: +3.7% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 75.9%, -2.5 ppts;
- Domestic: 79.4%, +1.5 ppts;
- US: 78%, -0.1 ppt;
- Europe: 63.9%, -7.2 ppts;
- Asia Pacific: 78.4%, -7.3 ppts;
- Latin America and other: 80.1%, -2.1 ppts.
Selected AAD daily share price movements (% change): 04-Mar-2011