Shares in most LCCs traded lower on Monday, reflecting the downward momentum of markets globally influenced by the earthquake crisis in Japan. Trading lowest was Vueling, down 4.9%. Shares in Vueling have dropped 15% over the past 30 days. Asian LCC shares were proportionally stronger, with SpiceJet up 3.6% and AirAsia up 2.8%.
Tiger Airways reported the following traffic highlights in Feb-2011:
- Passenger numbers: 484,000, +11% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 83%, -2.0 ppts.
GOL reported the following traffic highlights in Feb-2011:
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +4.5% year-on-year;
- Domestic: +4.4%;
- International: +5.9%;
- Load factor: 71.2%, +0.5 ppt;
- Domestic: 72.4%, +0.8 ppt;
- International: 62%, -2.1 ppts.
Selected PEA daily share price movements (% change): 14-Mar-2011