SYDNEY (Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation) - Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) confirmed major capital expenditure programmes are currently underway at Singapore Changi Airport, including:
- Terminal 3: New SGD1.8 billion construction;
- LCC Terminal: New SGD45 million construction;
- Terminal 2: SGD240 million upgrade project;
- A380 upgrades: SGD68 million upgrade to runway, taxiways and terminal facilities;
- Airport hotel: Inviting bidders for the construction of a 400-room, four to five-star hotel at Terminal 3.
- Revenue: SGD971.0 million, +24.5% year-on-year, attributed to increased traffic to the Middle East (+24.8%) and Asia Pacific (+20.5%) regions;
- Net profit: SGD439.9 million, +70.1%. CAAS forecasts annual traffic growth to reach 6% for the next ten years.
News such as this delivered daily to your inbox from the Centre's Airport Business Daily.
Click the icon below for more information.