China’s Shenzhen Airport (+2.5%) shares were on the increase on Friday (06-Aug-2010) after announcing its Jul-2010 passenger numbers rose by 16.7%. Results include:
- Passenger numbers: 2.4 million, +16.7% year-on-year;
- Cargo volume: 68,200, +31.4%;
- Aircraft movements: 18,800, +9.5%.
Meanwhile, shares for Beijing (+0.2%) and Shanghai Airports (+1.8%) were also on the rise after OAG announced the Beijing Capital-Shanghai Hongqiao, the world’s fifth-busiest route by seats per week, is served by the following airlines, with current and future capacity shares indicated:
- China Eastern Airlines: 51.6% (Aug-2010), 49.6% (Nov-2010);
- Air China: 33.3% (Aug-2010), 32.9% (Nov-2010);
- Hainan Airlines: 6.0% (Aug-2010), 8.3% (Nov-2010);
- Shanghai Airlines: 6.5% (Aug-2010), 5.9% (Nov-2010);
- China Southern Airlines: 2.6% (Aug-2010), 3.4% (Nov-2010).
See related CAPA profile: Traffic and capacity
Asia Pacific shares which also rose on Friday include Guangzhou Baiyun (+1.5%), Xiamen (+0.9%), Malaysia Airports (+0.8%) and MAp (+0.7%). Meanwhile, Auckland (-0.5%) declined while Airports of Thailand remained stable.
Selected airports daily share price movements (% change): 06-Aug-2010