SAS reports weaker yields for Apr/May-2011
SAS Group reported that its Apr-2011 yields were down 0.7%, although unit revenue (RASK) climbed 6.1% during the month. May-2011 passenger yield and RASK are expected to be similar to April with a stable yield and slightly positive RASK. SAS Group shares dropped 5.1% in trading yesterday.
SAS Group reported the following traffic highlights in May-2011:
- Passenger numbers: 2.6 million, +13.5% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 73.4%, -2.2 ppts;
- Scandinavian Airlines: 74.5%, -2.0 ppts;
- Wideroe: 60.3%, -0.3 ppt;
- Blue1: 65.9%, -3.6% ppts.
Norwegian Air Shuttle reported the following traffic highlights in May-2011:
- Passenger numbers: 1.4 million, +16% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 76%, -1.0 ppts;
- Yield: EUR6.74 cents, +4%;
- Revenue per ASK: EUR5.10 cents, +3%.
Cimber Sterling shares bounced back 7.8% yesterday. The carrier announced its board of directors and executive board have agreed to proceed with an agreement with GEM Global Yield Fund Ltd to provide a drawing facility of USD58 million (DKK300 million).
Selected European share price movements (% change): 09-Jun-2011