MAp dips ahead of traffic report for Sydney and Brussels: Airport Share Wrap
Shares in airport operator, MAp dipped 1.4% yesterday, ahead of today's traffic report for Sydney (MAp – 74% stakeholder) and Brussels (MAp – 39% stakeholder) airports. Both airports, in the Pacific and Europe regions, witnessed growth in passenger traffic in Jun-2010.
Sydney Airport reports 13.2% growth in Jun-2010
Sydney Airport reported 13.2% growth to 2.7 million passengers in Jun-2010, led by a 13.6% increase in domestic and 11.9% jump in international traffic. For the six months ended Jun-2010, the airport handled 17.1 million passengers, up 9.4% year-on-year as domestic passengers increased by 9.5% and international by 8.9%.
Brussels Airport grows 1.6% with 1.6 million pax
Brussels Airport handled 1.6 million passengers in Jun-2010, representing a 1.6% year-on-year gain. However, for the six months ended Jun-2010 passenger numbers reduced by 2.6% year-on-year to 7.7 million.
MAp shares rebounded 1.77% in early trade on the ASX today. See CAPA Airport Operator/Investor profile on MAp Airports Ltd
MAp’s other investments include:
The full traffic reports for Sydney and Brussels airports are published in today’s edition of Airport Business Daily. Other traffic headlines today include:
- Tampa reports 2.3% drop in Jun-2010 pax;
- Harrisburg reports 8% rise in Jun-2010 pax;
- Austin Bergstrom International Airport reports 6% rise in May-2010 pax;
- Dublin Airport reports 16% drop in 1H2010 pax;
- Madrid-Barajas reports 4.3% rise in Jun-2010 pax;
- UAE's GCAA reports 11.3% rise in Jun-2010 aircraft movements;
- Melbourne Airport reports 10% jump in pax for three months ended Jun-2010;
- Hong Kong Airport reports 26.2% jump in Jun-2010 pax
Selected airports daily share price movements (% change): 19-Jul-2010