LOT ready for privatisation; International Airlines Group reports consolidated traffic
European shares finished stronger on Thursday, with Turkish Airlines up 6.4% and International Airline Group gaining 3.3%. IAG reported consolidated traffic highlights for British Airways and Iberia Airlines for Feb-2011, with overall passenger traffic down 1.3% in the month, and load factors falling 3.3%ppts.
International Airlines Group consolidated traffic highlights for Feb-2011:
- Passenger numbers: 3.6 million, -1.3% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 72.8%, -3.3 ppts;
- Domestic (UK and Spain): 67.4%, -0.1 ppt;
- Europe: 64.3%, -1.7 ppts;
- North America: 67.3%, -5.8 ppts;
- Latin America and Caribbean: 83.7%, -4.0 ppts;
- Africa and Middle East: 75.6%, -0.7 ppt;
- Asia and Pacific: 77.1%, -6.6 ppts;
- Cargo traffic (FTKs): -9.6%.
LOT Polish Airlines will ready a privatisation programme in two weeks (The Warsaw Voice, 03-Feb-2011). During that period, adviser Morgan Stanley will analyse a sale to a sector investor and then a float scenario on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. There are reports of four interested companies, three sector investors and a financial institution.
Selected EAD daily share price movements (% change): 4-Mar-2011