JCDecaux revenue up 22.5% in 2010, reports positive momentum
France’s JCDecaux reported revenue rose 22.5% in 2010, with turnover from its transport segment more than doubling, albeit of a relatively small base. Net profit was EUR169.3 million for the year, compared with EUR34.5 million in 2009. Jean-Charles Decaux, Chairman and CEO stated the company's positive momentum has continued and announced an organic revenue growth forecast for 1Q2011 of around 6%. JCDecaux shares closed 1.1% lower in trading on Wednesday. gategroup shares gained 2.7%.
JCDecaux reported the following financial highlights for the 12 months to 31-Dec-2010:
- Revenue: EUR2350 million, +22.5% year-on-year;
- Transport: EUR115.4 million, +107.6%;
- Operating margin: EUR55.4 million, +41.7%;
- EBIT: EUR279 million, +127.2%;
- Net profit: EUR169.3 million, +390.7%;
- Total assets: EUR4064 million, +4.8%;
- Total liabilities: EUR1841 million, -1.6%.
Selected Duty Free daily share price movements (% change): 09-Mar-2011