Japan Airport Terminal Co (+1.3%) shares rose slightly on Wednesday (04-Aug-2010) after posting a revenue increase of 9.1% among its financial highlights for the three months ended 30-Jun-2010
- Revenue: USD357.5 million, +9.1% year-on-year;
- Operating profit: USD23.7 million, +598.6%;
- “Recurring profit”: USD24.1 million, +606.2%;
- Net profit: USD8.3 million, +525.0%.
See related CAPA profile: Financial results
Meanwhile, Beijing Capital International Airport (+0.7%) reported the following traffic highlights in Jul-2010:
- Passenger numbers: 6.9 million, +16.5% year-on-year;
- Domestic: +13.2%;
- International: +28.9%;
- Aircraft movements: 45,570, +7.5%.
Beijing Airport Chairman, Zhiyi Dong, also reaffirmed the airport is on a path to surpass Hartsfield-Jackson International as the world's busiest airport in three to five years, during a visit to the Atlanta airport on 03-Aug-2010.
See related CAPA profile: Traffic and capacity
Other Asia Pacific airport operators that gained yesterday included Hainan Meilan (+1.7%), Australian Infra Fund (+1.1%), Xiamen (+0.9%) and Guangzhou Baiyun (+0.7%). Meanwhile, Airports of Thailan (-2.6%), MAp (-1.9%) and Shanghai (-0.8%) lost ground.
Selected airports daily share price movements (% change): 04-Aug-2010