Japan’s Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (MLIT) Minister Tezuso Fuyushiba today announced a new international policy to apply when Haneda’s new runway opens in 2010.
Main points are:
- The night curfew will be reduced to 22:00 hrs, against the current 23:00hrs. This will allow more convenient schedules for US and European flights
- International slots available will be restricted to 30,000 until October 2010
- As demand grows, first slots will go to expansion of Asian city routes where business need is strongest
- Domestic slots to increase from 10,000 to 20,000 immediately
- 60,000 international slots to be available at Haneda eventually