Greater Orlando Aviation Authority announced its passenger traffic rose by 5% in Jul-2010:
- Passenger numbers: 3.3 million, +5.32%;
- Domestic: 2.9 million, +4.23%;
- International: 315,000, +16.73%;
- Aircraft movements: 34,895, +
- Orlando International: 27,011, +4.09%;
- Orlando Executive: 7,884, -8.9%;
- Air cargo: 13,958 tonnes, +13.62%;
- Domestic: 7,690, -28.73%;
- International: 6,267, +319.32%.
See related CAPA profile: Traffic - Airports
Mexico's Grupo Aeroportuario del Sureste (+1.1%) (ASUR) stated Grupo Mexicana represented 10.8% of its revenues for the eight-month period ended 31-Aug-2010, primarily from domestic passengers. ASUR believes that the majority of the routes operated by Grupo Mexicana were also operated by other carriers and thus the ultimate impact from the suspension of operations will not be in the same proportion as the number of flights cancelled.
However, ASUR stated it cannot be sure that competing carriers will seek to increase their flight schedules or of the affect that this could have on its business and results of operations, which could be adversely affected if traffic does not migrate to other airline customers.
Meanwhile, GAP (-0.4%) and OMA (-1.1%) shares fell on Wednesday (08-Sep-2010).
Selected airports daily share price movements (% change): 08-Sep-2010