French Government considers selling airports; Geneva Airport's traffic up 3.8% in Aug-2010
Switzerland’s Geneva International Airport reported on Monday (20-Sep-2010) the following traffic highlights in Aug-2010:
- Passenger numbers: 1.1 million, +3.8% year-on-year;
- Cargo volume: 5,072 tonnes, +31.1%;
- Aircraft movements: 15,014, +4%.
Meanwhile, Amsterdam Airport Schiphol reported a 3.6% rise in traffic in Aug-2010:
- Passenger numbers: 4.6 million, +3.6% year-on-year;
- Cargo volume: 130,938 tonnes, +20.5%;
- Aircraft movements: 36,728, +1%.
See related CAPA profile: Traffic - Airports
The French Government reportedly plans to sell minority stakes in a number of its regional airports (Reuters, 20-Sep-2010). Agence des Participations de l'Etat (APE) recently commenced the process. The airports are cumulatively worth hundreds of million of euros. Aéroports de Paris shares rose by 0.5%.
Selected airports daily share price movements (% change): 20-Sep-2010