China Airlines’ shares rose 2.7% yesterday as the carrier disclosed it earned TWD1.2 billion (USD65.9 million) in net income in the first two months of 2010 alone.
Taiwan-based rival, EVA Air, last week reported a 20% increase in passenger numbers in Feb-2010, thanks to the Lunar New Year Holiday period falling in February this year. Passenger and cargo yields were up 13.3% and 12.7% year-on-year, respectively.
Kingfisher Airlines’ shares eased 1.1% yesterday as the carrier launched daily Delhi-London service and confirmed plans to launch four more international destinations from Delhi and three more international destinations from Mumbai over the coming weeks, according to the following schedule:
- Delhi–Hong Kong, 07-Apr-2010;
- Delhi–Bangkok, 17-Apr-2010;
- Delhi–Dubai, 24-Apr-2010;
- Delhi–Kathmandu, 24-Apr-2010;
- Mumbai-Bangkok, 07-Apr-2010;
- Mumbai–Dubai; 24-Apr-2010;
- Mumbai–Kathmandu, 24-Apr-2010.
Asia Pacific selected airlines daily share price movements (% change): 29-Mar-2010