FRANKFURT (Deutsche Lufthansa) - The squeeze-out procedure begun in August 2005 has been brought to a successful conclusion. Through Air Trust AG, Lufthansa and the Almea Foundation now hold 100
per cent of the shares of Swiss International Air Lines Ltd. The
delisting of the SWISS shares from the SWX Swiss Stock Exchange is set
to take place January 27. The final day of trading will be January 26.
The concerned public shareholders of SWISS receive the same compensation for the SWISS shares they held as that received by those shareholders who offered their SWISS shares for sale to AirTrust AG during the public purchase offer period. Shareholders who keep their SWISS shares in bank safe-custody accounts will automatically have the compensation amount of CHF 8.96 per share credited to their accounts.
Lufthansa currently holds 49% of AirTrust AG; the remaining 51% is held by the Almea Foundation, whose object is to retain this holding until Lufthansa can acquire a controlling interest in SWISS. Once negotiations to secure traffic rights have been concluded and the relevant agreements are in place, Lufthansa will acquire 100 per cent of SWISS (end of 2006 at the earliest). Once the shares held by Almea can be transferred to Lufthansa ownership, the foundation, having served its purpose, will be dissolved.
Fraport is a CAPA Member. For more information on the Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation's membership service, please click the icon below.