Germany’s Berliner Flughäfen (Berlin Airports) reported revenue more than doubled between 2009 and 2010, increasing from EUR243.9 million to EUR506.4 million in 2010, attributed to the sale of the underground railway lines on behalf of train operator Deutsche Bahn. Without the sale, organic revenue growth was just 6.2% year-on-year, with revenue of EUR259 million.
EBITDA at Berlin Airport was EUR109 million while net profit was just EUR4.1 million. 2010 passenger traffic increased 6.4% year-on-year to 22 million.
Lisbon Airport traffic highlights for Mar-2011:
- Passenger numbers: 1.1 million, +3.3%;
- Aircraft movements: 11,174, +0.1%;
- Air cargo: 910 tonnes, -18.4%.
- Passenger numbers: 367,615, +26%;
- Aircraft movements: 7548, +15%;
- Air cargo: 10,614 tonnes, +16%.
Toulouse-Blagnac Airport reports passenger traffic up 6.1% - traffic highlights in Mar-2011:
- Passenger numbers: 579,701, +6.1%;
- Domestic: 362,707, +6.2%;
- International: 212,709, +11.1%;
- Transit: 4265, -4.3%;
- Aircraft movements: 7481, +5.3%;
- Air cargo: 5196 tonnes, -3.2%.
Trading in European airport shares was slower on Thursday, with most shares finishing the day lower. Infrastructure group Abertis lost 2.5%, with shares in Vienna Airport, Copenhagen Airport and Aeroports de Paris also lower.
Selected ABD daily share price movements (% change): 14-Apr-2011