Bangkok Airports records 15.9% increase in Mar-2010 traffic: Airport Share Wrap
Shares in Airports of Thailand (AoT) gained 2.8% on Friday, upon the release of the operator’s traffic report for Mar-2010. Passenger traffic at Bangkok Airport rose 15.9% year-on-year to 4.0 million. Overall, passenger numbers at AoT’s six airports jumped 13.7% year-on-year to 5.4 million, as international traffic increased 14.5% to 3.4 million and domestic traffic increased 12.5% year-on-year to 2.0 million.
- Don Mueang: 254,576, +28.4%;
- Chiang Mai: 276,060, +16.2%;
- Hat Yai: 136,670, +10.5%;
- Phuket: 693,866, +26.8%;
- Chiang Rai: 67,643, +17%.
During the month, cargo volumes improved 36.9% year-on-year to 122,879 tonnes, while aircraft movements were up 11.7% to 34,336.
Apr-2010 results are likely to be affected by ongoing protest demonstrations challenging the Thai Government's state of emergency. Thai Airways stated last week that average forward bookings for Apr-2010 were about 10 ppts totalled lower than the same period last year, with weaker bookings from Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Singapore and South Korea.
Airport Business Daily is your strategic airport news service delivered to your inbox daily, covering traffic, financial and strategic airport updates globally. Other traffic and financial headlines today include:
- Moroccan Airports Authority reports passenger traffic up 13% in 1Q2010;
- Boston Logan Airport reports 2.5% rise in Feb-2010 pax numbers.
- Daytona Beach International Airport reports 13.4% rise in Mar-2010 pax numbers;
- Sofia Airport reports 9% rise in pax numbers during Easter holiday period;
- London Gatwick Airport reports 3% rise in Mar-2010 pax numbers;
- Geneva Airport reports 10.6% rise in Mar-2010 pax numbers.
Selected airports daily share price movements (% change): 09-Apr-2010