Shares in BAA parent, Ferrovial, eased 0.3% on moves by British Airways cabin crews to strike for 12 days over Christmas/New Year.
See separate report: British Airways facing irreversible impact from cabin crew strike?
Selected airports daily share price movements (% change): 14-Dec-09
AENA traffic improving
Ferrovial last week confirmed its interest in Spanish airport operator, AENA, on the condition it would gain management control.
AENA reports the following improving traffic highlights in Nov-2009:
- Passenger numbers: 12.7 million, -1.0% year-on-year;
- Cargo volume: 53,584 tonnes, +3.1%;
- Aircraft movements: 158,362, -5.1%;
- Madrid-Barajas Airport:
- Passenger numbers: 3.7 million, +2.8%;
- Cargo volume: 30,654 tonnes, +10.9%;
- Aircraft movements: 35,520, -0.6%;
- Barcelona Airport:
- Passenger numbers: 2.0 million, +3.9%;
- Cargo volume: 8,649 tonnes, -6.1%;
- Aircraft movements: 21,387, -5.1%.
Manchester Airport traffic worsening
- Passenger numbers: 1.1 million, -11.7% year-on-year;
- Cargo volume: 10,530 tonnes -11.6%;
- Aircraft movements: 11,715, -14.3%.
Traffic falls are now compounding, with activity already down heavily last year.
Manchester Airport passenger numbers growth and cargo volume growth: Nov-08 to Nov-09