Airports of Thailand has reported traffic jumped 10.8% year-on-year in Mar-2011 to 6 million passengers. Shares in Airports of Thailand were flat yesterday, but there were several sharp share price falls, including TAV Holdings (-4.5%), GMR Infrastructure (-3.5%), Ferrovial (-3.2%) and OMA (-2.9%).
Airports of Thailand traffic highlights in Mar-2011:
- Passenger numbers: 6.0 million, +10.8%;
- Domestic: 2.2 million, +7.7%;
- International: 3.8 million, +12.7%;
- Bangkok: 4.3 million, +7.5%;
- Domestic: 930,170, -2.6%;
- International: 3.4 million, +10.6%;
- Aircraft movements: 39,450, +14.9%;
- Bangkok: 25,512, +10.8%;
- Air cargo: 131,840 tonnes, +7.3%;
- Bangkok: 125,122, +7.6%.
Australia's Leighton Holdings defended the timeliness of its AUD907 million (USD949 million) earnings downgrade, stating it announced the revision once it had ''sufficient certainty regarding the facts and circumstances''. Leighton was responding to a formal query from the Australian Securities Exchange, issued last week, asking whether the company had been in a position to announce its downgrade earlier, given it had already warned of potential underperformance in large projects, including the Brisbane Airport Link, in Feb-2011. Shares in parent, Hochteif, were down 2.6% yesterday.
Selected ABD daily share price movements (% change): 18-Apr-2011