Airports of Thailand targets pax growth of 6%; Guangzhou pax up 11%
Airports of Thailand (0%) announced it is targeting passenger number growth of 6% in the business year from Oct-2010. President of the company Serirat Prasutanond stated: "I don't think the baht's strength will have much of an impact on Thailand's tourism", as the THB is trading at a 13-year high, having risen 11.8% in 2010 and 3.3% in the past month.
- Passenger numbers: 3.3 million, +11.4% year-on-year;
- Cargo volume: 104,749 tonnes, +3.7%;
- Aircraft movements: 26,162, +0.5%.
See related CAPA profile: Traffic - Airports
CAAC reported the following financial highlights for the nation’s aviation industry in Sep-2010):
- Profit: USD1,108 million, compared with a profit of USD69.3 million in p-c-p;
- Airlines: USD999.8 million, compared with a profit of USD16.6 million in p-c-p;
- Airports: USD43.7 million, compared with a profit of USD96,364 in p-c-p.
*Based on the conversion rate at USD1 = CNY6.6415
Selected airports daily share price movements (% change): 15-Oct-2010