Airport shares continue to fall
Shares in airport operators had another day of heavy falls in trading on Tuesday, as most global indexes reported more declines. Vienna Airport shares were down 6.7%, the heaviest fall of the day, while Copenhagen Airport gave up 4.7%. Also down 4.7% was Auckland Airport. Air New Zealand, the major airline operator at the airport, issued a profit warning yesterday, based on a combination of higher oil prices, weaker domestic demand and a downturn in business from Japan.
- Passenger numbers: 13.3 million, +10.8% year-on-year;
- Cargo volume: 319,698 tonnes, -0.3%;
- Aircraft movements: 115,836, +5.1%;
- Shanghai Pudong: 25,209, +5.7%;
- Shanghai Hongqiao: 16,844, +20.4%;
- Hangzhou: 10,649, -0.5%;
- Xiamen: 9834, +11.0%;
- Nanjing: 8839, +2.6%;
- Qingdao: 7251, +3.4%.
Selected ABD daily share price movements (% change): 15-Mar-2011