Air India Express expands fleet
SYDNEY (Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation) - Air India signed an agreement with ILFC to lease four B737-800 aircraft for five years for LCC subsidiary, Air India Express. The aircraft are scheduled for delivery from Feb-06 to Jun-06 and will be deployed on Kerala-Gulf routes.
Air India: “Operations under the Air India Express brand recorded an average load factor of 97% in the Kerala-Gulf sector from the time of launch [Apr-05] until now, far higher than the expected average load factor of roughly 70%”, S Venkat, Secretary.
Hear the views of the region’s CEOs and Managing Directors at THE aviation event of the region - the Centre's Second Annual Indian Subcontinent & Middle East Low Cost Airline Symposium in Mumbai on 6-7 October. Don't miss over 10 hours of networking time!
Latest confirmed speakers include:
- Ajay Singh, Director, SpiceJet
- Adel Ali, CEO, Air Arabia
- Tony Fernandes, CEO, AirAsia
- Jeh Wadia, Managing Director, Go Air
- Captain Gopinath, Managing Director, Air Deccan
- David Huttner, former Head of Strategy, Virgin Blue Airlines
- Wolfgang Prock-Schauer, CEO, Jet Airways
- Marwan Boodai, Chairman and CEO, Jazeera Airways
- Kiran Kumar Grandhi, Managing Director, Hyderabad International Airport
- Mumtaz Khan, Chairman & CEO, Emerging Markets Partnership
- Peter Harbison, Managing Director, Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation
- Andrew Miller, CEO Consulting, Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation
- Peter Hill, CEO, SriLankan Airlines
- Dr Nasser Al Tayyar, Chairman, Al Tayyar Airways
- Ingo Marowsky, Aviation Secretary, International Transport Workers' Federation