European airport stocks enjoyed a solid day, as equity markets around the region traded higher. Gains were led by Aeroports de Paris (+3.0%), which revealed the following traffic highlights for Nov-2009:
- Passenger numbers: 6.1 million, -1.3% year-on-year;
- Aircraft movements: 57,541, -2.2%;
Charles de Gaulle Airport’s passenger numbers are still falling – off last year’s lower base, suggesting a recovery is still some way off. The airport has also shelved charges increases
Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport passenger number growth: Nov-2008 to Nov-2009
Dublin Airport reported passenger numbers fell 12% year-on-year to 1.3 million in Nov-2009, while Munich’s traffic was much less sombre:
- Passenger numbers: 2.6 million, -0.2% year-on-year;
- Aircraft movements: 32,114, -4.9%;
- Cargo volume: 21,386 tonnes, +1.2%.
Fraport’s shares rose 1.3%, while Hochtief advanced 0.6%.
Selected airports daily share price movements (% change): 16-Dec-09