24-Feb-2006 10:35 AM
ACE Services, the first non-OEM hydraulics repair facility in the world, officially opens in Singap
A joint venture between SIA Engineering and Parker Hannifin, the S$19 million facility has the capability to service next generation aircraft such as A380 and B787.
Singapore-listed SIA Engineering Company Limited (SIAEC) and Parker Aerospace today announced the official opening of their
joint venture facility, Aerospace Component Engineering Services (ACE Services).
SIAEC has a 51 percent stake in ACE Services, which has an authorised capital of S$35 million, while Parker Hannifin Corporation holds the remaining 49 percent.
Built at a cost of S$19 million, the 3,000 square-metre facility, located at Loyang Aerospace Park near Singapore Changi Airport, specialises in the servicing of hydraulic pumps, flight control actuators, servo -control valves, and thrust reverser actuators.
ACE Services' brand-new facility is the first non-original equipment manufacturer (OEM) hydraulic service centre in the world capable of handling hydraulic pressures of up to 5,000 psi, which qualifies it to support next-generation commercial aircraft such
as the Airbus A380 and Boeing 787, as well as aircraft from all aircraft manufacturers.
ACE Services was formed to provide hydraulics maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO), local support and original equipment (OE) products and services for all Asia-Pacific carriers. It will also be the first facility in the region to provide original-equipment
MRO support of Parker components and systems.
Guest-of-Honour for the Official Opening, Mr. Teo Ming Kian, Chairman of the Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), said: "ACE Services' opening attests to Singapore's position as a competitive business location for aerospace companies. It is also an important addition to our comprehensive aerospace maintenance, repair and overhaul industry as it introduces hydraulic component capabilities for the next generation of aircraft."
SIAEC's Chief Executive Officer, Mr. William Tan, said: "This state -of-the-art facility is equipped to handle hydro-mechanical systems of the latest generation of aircraft. By locating it at the Singapore aerospace hub, the joint venture with industry leader Parker Hannifin will enable our customers to benefit from lower repair costs and shorter turnaround time."
Parker Aerospace Customer Support, Inc. General Manager Scott Ledbetter commented, "The new ACE Services joint venture enables Parker and SIA Engineering to meet the needs of the local Asia Pacific aerospace market. We are proud to be a part of the first independent hydraulic service center in the region to provide MRO support to Parker and other OE products."
SIA Engineering is a CAPA Member. For more information on the Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation's membership service, please click the icon below.