WestJet reports record January load factor, expects to become “dominant” domestic carrier in Canada
WestJet announced a record January load factor of 76.8% in Jan-09 (+0.6 ppts), as traffic (RPMs) increased 10.3% year-on-year on a 9.4% capacity (ASMs) increase. CEO, Sean Durfy, stated, “our cost structure, value proposition and respected brand help us weather the challenges of economic downturns." [906 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Prepares to launch Ottawa-Cancun service
- Pushing into European market with Air France-KLM
- Signs agreement with Sabre Airline Solutions for new reservation system
Graphs and data:
- Canada domestic capacity breakdown by carrier (seats per week as % of total)
- WestJet fleet plan: 2009 to 2013
- WestJet international capacity breakdown by market (seats per week as % of total)
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.