Vueling's outlook brightens as another rival perishes
Vueling’s outlook received a boost with the failure of LTE International Airlines on 17-Oct-08 – the fourth Spanish airline to succumb to challenging market conditions in recent weeks. The carrier’s shares rose 10% on 20-Oct-08 on the news of LTE’s failure, as investors consider how the remaining carriers are poised to benefit. [960 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Reports "strong increase" in revenues to offset decline in passenger traffic
- CEO increases shareholdings....again
- Longer-term outlook brightens with proposed Vueling-clicker merger
- Outlook: Not out of the woods yet
Graphs and data:
- Vueling fleet plan: 4Q07 to 1Q09
- Vueling four strategic pillars
- Vueling change in revenue per passenger: 1Q07 to 2Q08
- Spanish airline failures/cessations: Sep-08/Oct-08
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.