Virgin America secures additional cash injection from Virgin Group
Virgin Group founder and part owner of Virgin America, Sir Richard Branson, announced plans to invest more capital in the US start-up, to help the fledging carrier fund its operations and expansion plans. [1083 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Challenging operating environment to push back break-even target to 2011
- Sees fuel hedge opportunity
- To have one of the industry's lowest cost bases?
- Appeals decision seeking transparency in financial and traffic data
- 2.4 million passengers since Aug-07 launch
- Continues with strategy to become "entertainment junkie's airline of choice"
Graphs and data:
- Sample LCC unit cost (per ASK; USD cents)
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.