SpiceJet continues to seek acquisition opportunities
SpiceJet CEO, Sanjay Aggarwal, has confirmed the carrier’s plans to acquire another airline company in a year, forecasting that consolidation of the loss-making Indian aviation market will occur within 12 to 18 months. [611 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Captures market share responding to price competition
- Fare war intensifies
- Explores new segments while passenger growth remains sluggish
- Regional aircraft order?
Graphs and data:
- India domestic capacity breakdown by carrier (seats per week as % of total)
- SpiceJet passenger numbers ('000s) and growth rate (% change year-on-year): Apr-08 to Mar-09
- SpiceJet domestic market share: Apr-07 to Mar-09
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.