Southwest Airlines forecasts revenue softness in 2Q2009
Southwest Airlines stated its fuel expenses in 2Q2009 are currently being offset "almost dollar-for-dollar" by a decline in revenue, and has forecast revenue softness will persist during the period, due to the global financial downturn and the swine flu outbreak. [1340 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Reports fall in traffic again in May-2009 after promising results in Apr-2009
- Establishing new sources of revenue
- WestJet codeshare delayed
- Union rejects tentative agreement
- Cancels services from Norfolk
- Implements Seabury Airline Performance Analysis System
- Revamps mobile site
Graphs and data:
- Southwest monthly passenger traffic (millions) and load factor (%): 12 months to 30-Apr-08 vs 12 months to 30-Apr-09
- Norfolk International Airport capacity share by carrier (week commencing 08-Jun-09)
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.