Second airport at Navi Mumbai passed by Central Government
In a major breakthrough, the Central Government of India, approved the proposal of a USD2.1 billion second airport for Mumbai, located at Navi Mumbai, following the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) issue of a notification for exemption from Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) regulations. [1026 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- CAPA India to establish AeroPark at Navi Mumbai
- Further signs of weakness in domestic traffic in Mar-2009
- Targets increase in non-aeronautical revenues
- To develop catering services
- Operational upgrades required
Graphs and data:
- Mumbai Chattrapati Shivaji International Airport passenger traffic growth (% change year-on-year): Mar-08 to Mar-09
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.