The Association of European Airlines commenced discussions yesterday with EU Transport Commissioner, Siim Kallas, over potential compensation claims.
See related reports:
- Ash Attack shows real value of aviation to global economic and social fabric. More shocks to come
- Airlines count the cost as skies open; Calls for aid and urgent review of regulations
Lufthansa raising long-haul fuel surcharges
Meanwhile, Lufthansa will raise fuel surcharges for long-haul services by EUR5 per sector, effective 28-Apr-2010, citing rising crude oil prices:
- Middle East/East Africa Lufthansa: Increase to EUR82 per sector;
- North America/India: EUR87;
- South America/Africa/Asia: EUR97.
The surcharges for short- and medium-haul sectors remain unchanged. Lufthansa’s shares rose 0.8% yesterday.
Europe selected airlines daily share price movements (% change): 26-Apr-2010
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.