Ryanair slashes Winter capacity as fuel costs soar
Ryanair announced substantial capacity reductions on 17-Jul-08 at its London Stansted base for the upcoming Winter schedule (08/09), with plans to reduce capacity by 14%. The LCC also announced to reduce capacity at its Dublin base by 12%. [964 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- To temporarily close seven European bases over Nov-08/Dec-08
- Downgrades full-year passenger traffic forecast to 57 million
- To ground approximately 10% of its fleet over the Winter schedule
- Growth still planned despite reductions
- Future of some smaller, regional airports in doubt
- Continued interest in Aer Lingus Group
- Extends agreement with GE Aviation
Graphs and data:
- London Stansted Winter 08/09 Schedule reductions
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.