Paris 2011: SAS opens chequebook at Air Show, rethinks Nordic strategy
Scandinavian carrier SAS captured headlines on the first day of the Paris Air Show, with an order for 30 A320neo aircraft and an option for 11 more, to be powered by CFM’s LEAP-X engine. The airline, which has struggled to make money in recent years, has also announced plans to adjust its strategy in Northern Europe. [1318 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Leahy claims (premature) victory
- neos simply part of wider fleet plans
- SAS rethinks Blue1 strategy, fleet rationalisation on the way
- A new SAS?
Graphs and data:
- Blue1 destinations, Jun-2011
- Selected European carriers intra-Europe passenger numbers and passenger numbers growth: May-2011
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.