Oman to invest USD105 million to transform air navigation system
Oman has announced it will adopt a new air traffic management system to complement the massive investment it is making in its airport sector. In late Nov-2010, the Oman Government confirmed it had awarded Spanish ATM and communications specialist Indra a USD105 million contract to develop and implement a new ATM system for the country, following an initial contract signed in Jul-2010. [1626 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Increasing regional investment in ATM
- Airport development in full swing
- Developing a carrier to support tourism boom
- Primed for the future
Graphs and data:
- Muscat Airport aircraft movements: 2000-2009
- Muscat Airport & Oman Airlines traffic: 2000 to 2009
- Oman Air passenger traffic and % change
- Oman Air Net profit/loss
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.