More financial succour from government would be welcomed by struggling China Southern
China Southern is seeking further financial assistance from the government as it battles debts and cooling travel demand. Chairman, Si Xianmin, stated during his attendance at the IATA AGM in Kuala Lumpur that the airline "definitely hopes to have further injections. But whether we can or not depends on the government". [774 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Cargo venture with Air France-KLM dropped
- Targeted network expansion continues apace
Graphs and data:
- China Southern financial highlights for 3 months ended 31-Mar-09
- China Southern Airlines revenue and operating costs: 1Q08 and 1Q09
- China Southern Airlines traffic highlights: Apr-2009
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.