European shares finished stronger on Thursday, with Turkish Airlines up 6.4% and International Airline Group gaining 3.3%. IAG reported consolidated traffic highlights for British Airways and Iberia Airlines for Feb-2011, with overall passenger traffic down 1.3% in the month, and load factors falling 3.3%ppts.
International Airlines Group consolidated traffic highlights for Feb-2011:
- Passenger numbers: 3.6 million, -1.3% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 72.8%, -3.3 ppts;
- Domestic (UK and Spain): 67.4%, -0.1 ppt;
- Europe: 64.3%, -1.7 ppts;
- North America: 67.3%, -5.8 ppts;
- Latin America and Caribbean: 83.7%, -4.0 ppts;
- Africa and Middle East: 75.6%, -0.7 ppt;
- Asia and Pacific: 77.1%, -6.6 ppts;
- Cargo traffic (FTKs): -9.6%.
LOT Polish Airlines will ready a privatisation programme in two weeks (The Warsaw Voice, 03-Feb-2011). During that period, adviser Morgan Stanley will analyse a sale to a sector investor and then a float scenario on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. There are reports of four interested companies, three sector investors and a financial institution.
Selected EAD daily share price movements (% change): 4-Mar-2011
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.