Losses narrowed, but work continues at born-again Alitalia
Italian national carrier Alitalia posted an improved set of full-year 2010 results on the back of recovering economic conditions and expansion into new markets. The re-born carrier saw an increase in passenger volumes and a greater increase in revenue as it continued restructuring and integrating key business units under the Compagnia Aerea Italiana (CAI) umbrella. There remains, however, much work to do at the airline. [1584 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Revenue growth up on intercontinental growth
- The changing fleet composition
- No mention of new class offering
- Competition remains tough
- Further consolidation in the Italian market?
- Break-even at operating level still the goal
Graphs and data:
- Alitalia weekly capacity (seats) by Italian airports (week commencing 28-Feb-2011)
- Alitalia’s 2010 revenue, operating and net result, FY2009 vs FY2010
- Alitalia passenger numbers
- Domestic market share (seats) – OAG week commencing 07-Mar-2011
- International market share (seats) – OAG week commencing 07-Mar-2011
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.