Etihad and Air Berlin. A sign of things to come for Abu Dhabi's airline?
During a quiet day's trading on Friday, Air Berlin's share price rose nearly 20%. Abu Dhabi's Etihad has not confirmed it is looking seriously at taking a stake in the German LCC/hybrid. But there could be good reasons to do so. [823 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Air Berlin is profitable
- LCC airberlin becomes a yield-chasing hybrid, with business class
- Cutting capacity has helped too
- It gives access to the German market and beyond
- Synergies are readily apparent
- ...and it's cheap!
Graphs and data:
- Air Berlin non pro-forma financial highlights: (EUR)
- Air Berlin operating and net profit margins: 1Q05 to 3Q08
- Operating performance by business unit: 3Q07 vs 3Q08
- Air Berlin's domestic and European route network
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.