Austro Control battles toughest ever conditions as traffic collapses by 10% in 1H2009
If any European Air Navigation Service Provide is facing a difficult and uncertain outlook, it is Austria’s Austro Control. And, the outlook is not encouraging following the collapse of SkyEurope and the takeover of Austrian Airlines by Lufthansa. [790 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Austrian Airlines takeover to blunt any traffic recovery?
- SkyEurope evaporates, further woes for Austro Control
- Revenue shortfall looming with charges frozen
- New income sources to the fore
Graphs and data:
- EUROCONTROL 2009 IFR movements forecast
- Austrian IFR movements: 2001 to 2009
- Austria and Vienna Airport airline capacity share (%): Week commencing 07-Sep-2009
- Austrian Airlines performance metrics: Jan-2009 to Jul-2009
- Austro Control revenue: 2004 to 2008
- Austro Control revenue breakdown: 2007 & 2008
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.