Airline stocks dropped across the board in the the Asia-Pacific, with rising oil prices triggering profit concerns for the industry. Oil prices on the benchmark West Texas Intermediate index for April delivery surged 6.4%, hitting the highest level since Oct-2011.
Jet Airways reported the following traffic highlights in Jan-2011:
- Passenger numbers: 1.7 million, -6.6% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs):
- Passenger load factor: 77.8%, -4.2 ppts;
- Domestic: 76%, -8.8 ppts;
- Regional: 74.1%, -3.0 ppts;
- Australia: 75%, +0.4 ppt;
- Europe: 83.3%, -6.9 ppts;
- North Pacific: 83.5%, +3.9 ppts;
- Africa: 62.3%, n/a;
- Cargo volume: 57,666 tonnes, +7.1%;
- Cargo load factor: 53.7%, -0.8 ppt.
Thai Airways reported the following traffic highlights in Jan-2011:
- Passenger numbers: 1.3 million, +14.8% year-on-year;
- Domestic: 853,449, +13.7%;
- International: 425,847
- Passenger load factor: 80.8%, -0.3 ppt;
- Domestic: 73.8%, +0.3%;
- International: 84.2%, +17%;
- Cargo volume: 16,038 tonnes, -2.4%.
Selected APAD daily share price movements (% change): 23-Feb-2011
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.