AirAsia X set to be profitable in 2009; remains bullish regarding outlook
AirAsia X, which celebrates its first anniversary this month, stated it remains bullish about its outlook amid the current economic slowdown, with CEO, Azran Osman-Rani, stating, “there is no slowdown (for us). Our load factor is good” – reportedly at around 82%. [1201 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Takes delivery of first of 25 high capacity A330-300s
- Benefiting from positive cashflow and strong branding in securing aircraft financing
- Pressing ahead with network expansion plans
Graphs and data:
- AirAsia X fleet plan: 2009 to 2012: (as at 13-Nov-08)
- Sample LCC unit cost (per ASK; USD cents)
- AirAsia X planned network expansion
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.