Air Macau “no longer reliant on Taiwan market”
Macau Civil Aviation Authority Secretary, Chen Yingxiong, stated Air Macau passengers are now more diverse and the carrier is no longer reliant on the Taiwan market. According to Mr Chen, Air Macau’s Taiwanese passenger market share as a percentage of total passengers has decreased from 65% in 2000 to 43% while Asia Pacific passenger share has increased from 5% to 35%. [1355 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Viva Macau expands in Australia and China
- Takes delivery of third aircraft
- CAM and ADA extend Macau International Airport management contract
- Macau visitor arrivals increasing; MIA passenger numbers falling
- Establishes Express Link service to Taipa Ferry Terminal
- Sets environmental goals
Graphs and data:
- Air Macau international capacity breakdown by market (seats per week as a % of total)
- Viva Macau destination map: Nov-2009
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.