Canada's Vancouver Airport Services announced (22-Jun-2010) it has reached an agreement with UK's The Peel Group to acquire a 65% stake in Peel Airports Limited (PAL), which includes key airport assets of Liverpool John Lennon Airport (LJLA), Robin Hood Airport Doncaster Sheffield (DSA) and Durham Tees Valley Airport (DTVA). The Peel Group will retain a 35% investment in PAL and a presence on the board and looks forward to opportunities the strategic partnership with Vancouver Airport Services will generate. PAL owns 100% of LJLA and DSA and 75% of DTVA, with local borough councils owning the remaining 25%. Peel Airports announced (22-Jun-2010), following the successful completion of the Peel investment process, Mark Whitworth will step down from his role as CEO immediately. Mr Whitworth will assist Vancouver Airport Services in an advisory capacity for up to three months. [more - Vancouver Airport Services] [more - Mr Whitworth's resignation]
Vancouver Airport Services purchases 65% stake in Peel Airports
You may also be interested in the following articles...
Bombardier C Series: record orders in 2016 as both variants finally enter service
The first commercial flight of the Bombardier CS300 on 14-Dec-2016, operated by airBaltic from Riga to Amsterdam, will be a major milestone for the Canadian manufacturer's new C Series aircraft programme. Three CS100 aircraft are already in service with SWISS, so the airBaltic flight will mean that both variants of the C Series are finally in commercial operation.
The programme is Bombardier's first wholly new aircraft development, aimed at the 100 to 150-seat market segment and offering advantages of fuel efficiency, cabin space, noise and emissions. Bombardier once targeted 2013 for entry into service, but has been dogged by problems and delays. In 2015, Bombardier seemed to have overstretched itself. The C Series received no new orders during the year and Bombardier was forced to seek investment from the Province of Québec to rescue the programme.
In 2016 the company has recovered to win a net 117 new orders, its highest annual total, bringing the programme total to 360. However, competition is cut-throat, with Airbus, Boeing and Embraer all having new developments of existing products in the same space as the C Series. Bombardier's breakthrough orders from Air Canada and Delta in 2016 required heavy price discounts.
Global Airport Development Conference report: Trump, Brexit, pipelines and PPPs. Part 2
This report on the Global Airport Development Conference held in Lisbon on 29-Nov to 01-Dec-2016 covers the proceedings of Day 2 of the event.