Philippine Airlines revenue down 21% - financial highlights (Manila Times, 16-Nov-2009):
Three months ended 30-Sep-2009:
- Revenue: USD6.9 million, -21% year-on-year;
- Total costs: USD7.9 million, -23%;
- Profit (loss): (USD2.2 million), compared to a loss of USD3.4 million in the previous corresponding period;
Six months ended 30-Sep-2009:
- Revenue: USD15.4 million, -16%;
- Costs: USD15.5 million, -26%;
- Fuel: n/a, -44%;
- Profit (loss): (USD2.0 million, compared to a loss of 2.4 million in the previous corresponding period.
*Based on the conversion rate at USD1 = PHP46.51
Philippine Airlines: “The decline in passenger revenues was primarily brought about by lower net yield per revenue passenger kilometres as well as the reduction in passenger traffic,” Company statement. Source: Manila Times, 16-Nov-2009.