RDC Aviation released its UK Monthly Passenger & Cargo update for 2010. Full-year 2010 highlights are as follows:
- Total UK passenger numbers: 214.2 million, -3.4%;
- Scheduled: 191.4 million, -3.1%;
- Charter: 22.9 million, -6.3%;
- London Heathrow was the UK's busiest scheduled airport handling 65.8 million scheduled passengers, a 0.2% year-on-year fall;
- London Gatwick was the UK's largest charter airport handling 5.8 million charter passengers, a 8.5% year-on-year fall;
- Leeds Bradford was the UK's fastest-growing airport in 2010, with passenger numbers increasing 7.0% in the year. London Stansted reported the largest decrease, with passengers falling 6.9%.
- The US was the most popular international country from London with 13.8 million passengers in 2010, a 2.0% year-on-year fall, whilst Spain remains the most popular international destination from the UK with 16.5 million passengers, a 5.4% year-on-year fall. Turkey (+21.9%) was the fastest growing international market from the UK and Ireland reported the sharpest decrease (-13.6%);